September 27, 2010

I’d like to call it, extraordinary..

Couple days ago I woke up at 4 in the morning, find myself lost in my own thoughts.
It’s not about an extraordinary thing, but the word extraordinary itself.
A perspective.


Start from a conversation with my old friend Tasya in the night before.
We talked about her personal love life experience.
She had a deeply crush on a guy that she never seen before back in high school.
I once thought that it kind of silly.
How could you?
Normal people would like to have someone that they could see, touch,
I mean, how can you be sure that this guy doesn’t even exist?
Maybe it just a friend that plays joke on you, I told her.
But still she was so sure about what she feels.



At present day, it’s almost about five years after that.
I amazed knowing that she could still have a dream about him and still believing of what she felt.
Even now she’s in a relationship with someone.
So I told her, if you really want to see him put more effort to it, a crazy one. 
She argues about lots and even a million of her consideration she could find. 
So I said, don’t be such an ordinary-self, it’s boring.
She said that no one life’s is ordinary.
Well, personally I agree with that, but she’s doesn’t get what I mean.
It’s not the life, but how people act in their life.


Sometimes how people thought to have a normal life kinda bore me.
I might not say that it is wrong or mine is better than anyone,
but what I want to share is how people tend to bore me with their common visualization about what a normal life could be.
You know, like something that you and I will always hear.


I was doing couples of job interview before. 
I could bet on a question that would always be asked; tell me about yourself.
Yup, there will always be one. And again, I am bored with that.
Well, don’t ask about the HRD might be feel about it. 
But I am sure there is a better way or even just a better word that he could have been asked. 
He didn’t. 
I found that people tend to do the same thing over and over and finally get bored. 
But most of them don’t do much to perform the change.


I’ve already seen your CV, so now tell me about yourself..
Look, I understand that your company would like to know who are they employed. Your job is asking me the question and I am here to blow you with some marked up qualification so I could get a job. But not this time, I want us to get to know each other better than some sweet talk from my mouth and skeptical analyzing from you. Because if we do the ordinary way, you could only get what I have been practiced in the mirror thousand times. So let’s talk..


Okay, that was pretty crazy, and to be honest I haven’t done that yet. 
I know that wasn’t what mostly people would say on the interview. 
But let’s use no common senses. 
If I actually did that, in five years later I am so damn sure it will be a story that I would be proudly telling to my entire colleague. :D
Right now I’m on my way trying to make, see, and think about things differently.

extraordinary..

No comments:

Post a Comment