September 29, 2011

DIY Project no.1

At some nights I could really get inspired and excited in a sudden, so whatever that I was doing; weather its sewing, writing, or just making a concept- even when the clock has been pointing out to me that its already 3 in the morning I still can’t stop. I often get some trouble in sleeping in a cause of that. So usually I have to make my body tiring itself by adding some projects to do. Well I would say it has an advantage to me since I like to stay active also productive, and that keep me sane.
I made this shirt which I called, stitched on me love from my old plain white tank-top and a patch to make the love shape.


You can follow my instruction to make this or you can just buy it here.


This is what you’ll need:

1.       Old shirt
2.       Felt fabric
3.       Measurement tool
4.       Pencil
5.       Scissors
6.       Pins
7.       Sewing equipment


Here’s how I made this:
  1. Measure the size of the patch that you want to make on your shirt.
  2. Make a love shape or any shape that you prefer on the felt. You can make the shape on a paper first if you like so you can make sure that the size of the pattern shape will fit on your shirt in the way that you desire. Then cut the fabric according to the pattern.
  3. Place the shaped patch into the shirt on the right side (front) and pin it so it won’t move when you sew it.
  4. Open the seam line on one side of the body with a seam ripper. This step will help you to stitch the love shape easily.
  5. Sew the shaped patch carefully, you can do both machine-sew or hand-sewed.
  6. The last step is you have to sew the seam line on the side of the body that you've opened before from the wrong side of the shirt back as before.

No comments:

Post a Comment